To keep up with future trends, Applied Statistics and Information Science Department has developed a comprehensive long-term plan for building a foundation of teaching, services, and research, looking forward to advancing our students into professional fields. Some focal points of this long-term plan are as follows:
1. Continued review of curriculum design to maintain distinctive features.
2. Keeping track of the pulse of industry and society, retain faculty members with excellent practical applications abilities.
3. Continuously encourage faculty to conduct research and present/publish papers.
4. Regularly host departmental teaching improvement seminars every academic year.
5. Promote industry-academia cooperative projects and implement the application of statistics information.
6. Actively connect with all graduates and engage them in the department’s alumni association.
7. Strengthen information exchange and communication with related units in different industries to clearly grasp industry needs.
8. Promote collaboration of faculty experience to produce unified teaching material, practice sets and examination database to elevate students’ learning effectiveness.
9. Promote E-learning systems among faculty and students to keep up with the pace of societal change, and meet the challenge of changing times.